Thursday, July 5, 2012

Sunshine Blogger Award

You may have noticed, if you are a frequent visitor here, that I used to have a pretty picture that read "All awards gratefully declined" in the right sidebar and now it's not there any more.

The reason is that Marcia, author of Menopausal Mother, has given me the Sunshine Blogger Award. As she is such a lovely lady and great blogger, I have made an exception and decided to accept her award. Thank you, Marcia!


   I am told the rules are as follows:

1. Include award logo in a post or on your blog page.
2. Answer (10) questions about yourself.
3. Nominate 10-12 other fabulous bloggers.
4. Link your nominees to the post and comment on their blog, letting them know about the award.
5. Share the love and link the person who nominated you.


(10) QUESTIONS/ANSWERS


1. What would you most like to change about yourself?
My metabolic rate. It's very sluggish so the kilos are too easily put on and a right pain to remove. I am so envious of those who are thin and can eat great quantities of any food, with no worries. I don't mind being a bit overweight, I just wish it didn't take so much effort to keep that weight stable.

2. What's your theme song?
I'm not sure I have only one. I'd say it could be "Only time" by Enya or "I have a dream" by ABBA, or "This could be Heaven" by Queen.

3. One part of your life, a memory, action, etc. that you wish you could surgically remove from your brain?
I'm afraid that would have to be the morning my mum passed away 10 years ago in July.

4. What generation do you wish you had been a part of?
Like Marcia, I'd like to have been a teenager in the 1960s. That decade sounds so much more exciting than the ones that followed!

5. What was your favorite childhood toy?
A small Barbie-like doll. I loved making it new clothes from scraps of fabric and dressing it up. OMG, this sounds so old-fashioned! Do little girls do this nowadays?

6. What is your favourite housecleaning chore?
You can't be serious! There is no such thing! The chore I dislike less than the others is vacuuming, but my dogs think the vacuum-cleaner is a monster.

7. Do you Twitter?
 I have an account but I feel a bit of a twit because I don't tweet.Yes, I know, that's weird but I recently discovered there are other bloggers out there who are not savvy about this tweeting business either. I am not alone. Yay!

8. Any goals?
Yes, to get this post ready and published asap.

9. Do you really drink margaritas all the time?
Pardon? You must mean coffee or liqueurs. Most Portuguese drink several strong coffees a day. I also love a variety of liqueurs made in the Algarve and "Aguardente de medronho" (but only the one with honey), which is a traditional fruit brandy from the Altentejo or Algarve regions of Portugal. It is made with the fruit of the strawberry tree ( Arbutus unedo).

10. What is the ugliest car you've ever driven and were embarrassed to be seen in?
I wouldn't be seen dead in an ugly car unless it was an emergency! Can't remember driving a single ugly car. Mind you, I've never driven an Audi or a BMW or a Porsche or a Ferrari... - you get the drift...


THE (10) FANTASTIC BLOGGERS I AM GIVING THE SUNSHINE BLOGGER AWARD TO ARE THE AUTHORS OF THESE BLOGS:

(in alphabetical order)



     Have fun all of you, answering these questions!


Oh, I nearly forgot. The pretty picture that says "All awards gratefully declined" is going back on my sidebar very soon.





21 comments:

  1. Thank you very much Mara.
    Like you I am not really into awards but will give this one some thought over the weekend.
    Basically I am just very lazy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For me it was an honour to be given the award but I'm lazy too and I have so much going on at the moment. Anyway, I'm glad you accepted my award. Yours was one of the first blogs I bookmarked as a must-read!

      Delete
  2. I am honoured indeed, thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thank you for dropping by. Your posts make me laugh, they're great!

      Delete
  3. Well I for one am glad you accepted this one. You do deserve it !!!!!!!!!!!
    Thanks so much for including Chronicles in your list. I am so touched. Will pop it on my awards page and answer the questions there.
    Thanks !!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thank you! Look forward to reading you answers.

      Delete
  4. Good job! Thank you for making an exception for me--you totally deserve this award and many more...even if you don't want them. You are appreciated because we all love your blog site! Thanks for participating with me! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Marcia. I did my best. It was interesting to discover that I don't know that many blogspot blogs. I wonder why...

      Delete
  5. Thank you for the shout out! Congrats! Loved your answers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I admire bloggers like you who can keep writing very funny posts.

      Delete
  6. You did a great job with this award, and I am delighted that you got it. I agree though, awards can be tough, especially the passing it on. I have been honored with a few, and I have passed them on, but you cannot continually give the same people awards over and over and my selection of favorite blogs/bloggers is rather limited.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. This was my first award and I know, it's complicated.

      Delete
  7. Congratulations Mara! And thank you for nominating me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Couldn't have done it without your encouragement.

      Delete
  8. Wow ,Congratulation Mara I really surprise in your award ,
    you really deserve to have it my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Your weekly challenges inspire all of us who follow your blog.

      Delete
  9. You are most certainly not alone. I do not yet tweet (guess I'll have to look at it sometime but busy enough already at the moment). Gosh, the terms that get used these days with IT - who would have thought it when we were growing up??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I was forced to use twitter to ask for support on BlogCatalog this week and found that my account had been suspended (from lack of use I guess). I really must try harder - if I can learn how to set up a blog, how hard can Twitter be?

      Delete
  10. I love those songs too - they give me good memories of my childhood.
    And thank you for the nomination. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Colline, Sunshine Blogger,I look forward to reading your answers.

      Delete
  11. Congrats to you and thanks for thinking of my blog. My apologies for not responding sooner. My dog thinks the hair dryer is a monster and tries to kill it. It adds an interesting dimension to my morning routine. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you so please leave a comment...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...